Friday 16 August 2013

UPCOMING BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATIONS


I'm definitely a person who prefers to read a book rather than watch a movie, but I'm always interested when a book that i've read is being adapted into a film. Due to the success of YA book to film adaptations such as twilight, the hunger games and of course the Harry potter series, more and more books are being made into films.  If you're like me and prefer to read the book before watching the movie, then give these a try:

1.


The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones

RELEASE: August 23rd 2013


When her mom is attacked and taken from their home in New York city by a demon,  a seemingly ordinary teenage girl, Clary Fray, finds out truths about her past and bloodline on her quest to get her back, that changes her entire life.


I've loved the Mortal Instrument series from the moment I got hold of the first book in the series a few years ago, and the film has been  talked about for such a long time that my anticipation for it couldn't actually get any higher. I can't wait to see my favourite characters brought to life, despite some issues I had with the casting at first (ahem - Jace).



The books:

City of bones, City of ashes, City of glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost souls and City of Heavenly Fire all by Cassandra Clare

2.

 Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters

RELEASE: August 16th 2013


In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends embark on a quest to the sea of monsters to find the mythical Golden Fleece while trying to stop an ancient evil from rising.

I know this isn't technically 'upcoming' since it's out today, but I wanted to include it anyway. I'm really excited for the next instalment in this series, even though I haven't gotten round to reading past the first book. This movie took me by surprise, I hadn't been keeping up and I had no idea it was even coming, as it had been so long since the first one. I really would rather read the second book in the series before watching this one, so I'm going to my best to not go and see it! The Percy Jackson series is a series that i've been meaning to finish for ages now, and this movie coming out just reminds me I need to get going and read them!
The books:
The Lightning Thief, The Sea Of Monsters, The Titans Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian all by Rick Riordan

3.

 Divergent

RELEASE: March 21st 2014


In a future world people are divided into factions based on personality, a teenager is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all divergents, her life is threatened.


I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS. For once, I'm completely happy with who has been cast for the main roles in the film and I just can't wait for it to be out. I absolutely love the series and even though the wait for this movie is painfully long, at least the release of Allegiant will break it up a bit, eh? I really hope the movie lives up to my expectations, and does the book justice as it's a brilliant story that deserves the recognition.



The books:

Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth


4.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

RELEASE: November 23rd 2013


Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.


Is there any one who isn't excited for this movie? This series is getting more popular each day and the second instalment in the Hunger Games series is highly anticipated by both book and movie fans.


The books:


The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Colins





5.

The Maze Runner

RELEASE: February 14th 2014


Set in a post-apocalytic world, young Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape.


I'm currently just starting the Maze runner series and i'm loving it so far and can't wait to find out how it transfers on to the big screen. I've had a look at the cast and they are exactly how I imagined them, not to mention that Dylan O'brien is hot.


The books:


The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner




6.

Carrie

RELEASE: October 18th 2013


A sheltered high school girl unleashes her newly developed telekinetic powers after she is pushed too far by her peers.


Carrie is one of my favourite Stephen King novels. If you haven't read any King, Carrie is the perfect place to start. It's short, easy to read and gripping.



The book:

Carrie by Stephen King







7.



 Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters

RELEASE: February 14th 2014


Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human/vampire, guardians of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discretely within out world. Her legacy is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal vampires, the Strigoi. This is her story.


Another one I didn't know was coming. I haven't started the series, but its been on my to-read list for quite some time and I think finding out that the movie is coming so soon is the push I need to start reading. I've heard so many good things about and I'm ready to get out of my vampire book slump for this one.

The books:
Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit bound, Last Sacrifice all by Richelle Mead 






So those are my top book-to-movie adaptations that are coming soon (ish), what adaptations are you looking forward to?!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that The Maze Runner was going to be made into a movie. Now I definitely have to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thats what made me read it! do it!! :)

      Delete